[A detailed Resume/CV can be found on my LinkedIn page]
Dr Danya Hodgetts is a Sport Management consultant, educator and researcher with more than 25 years experience in the sport industry. Danya’s consulting specialises in the instructional design and implementation of online and face to face education, training and professional development programs for national and state sporting bodies, registered training organisations and universities.
Some recent consulting projects include:
- update of Training Program Toolkit for the National Coach/Official Accreditation Scheme for the Australian Sports Commission
- developing an entire accreditation system for Darts Australia, including participant training materials, presenter materials and workflow documents
- qualitative data collection and analysis for Latrobe University and Griffith University research projects
- validation of assessment materials for SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness materials for a Registered Training Organisation, including development of new assessment material to meet identified gaps
- developing a technical manual for Darts Australia, published as iBook and Kindle versions. Including photography and video editing
- a review of the National Coach and Official Accreditation Scheme for the Australian Sports Commission, including focus groups and desk top audit
- review of the CQUniversity Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science program to align with ESSA standards and mapping Certificate III and IV in Fitness
Danya’s academic research focusses on sport development, sport participation and event legacy – which she leverages in her consulting work. Using her Honours degree in Human Movement Science, a Masters in Business Administration and Doctor of Philosophy, Danya combines practitioner skills and industry experience with research theory and best practice.
Danya is passionate about sport and its ability to generate social change. Putting her money where her mouth is, she has been the national secretary of Surfing Mums Inc. since 2014.